Wednesday, January 28, 2015

update - just upper ductal plugs now

Since having both upper and lower tear duct plugs caused me excessive tearing to a severe degree, I made an appointment to return to my opthalmologist.  One bottom one fell out, from my having to wipe my eyes so much because of the tear overflow.
So upon arrival we decided for me to retain the new upper ductal plugs and he removed the remaining lower plug.

One thing he told me I had not known before is to use warm moist compressions morning and night on the eyes and that it -- if done regularly - helps increase tear production so I must try this.

I note that the lower tear duct openings are still slightly enlarged after the plugs now being gone a week, but they should shrink back to normal size openings with time.

In the interim, for now, with just upper ductal plugs, I'm having more dry eye symptoms so will try the eye compresses.  Eventually if this doesn't work out, I'll find out about trying other types of plugs now on the market.  But hopefully this will be good enough to last for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment