Friday, January 27, 2012

Update - How the Ductal Plugs in my Tear Ducts are Doing

Tomorrow is Friday, and I've now had the tear duct plugs in my tear ducts since my visit to the eye doctor Monday -- 3 1/2 days.

I have not noticed much improvement yet as to having wetter eyes.
They are still getting red by noon or so, and I'm still having to apply the eye drops (Systane Balance Restorative Formula made by Alcon -- an over - the - counter eye drop).  I'm applying them at least 6-8 times a day still, two drops in each eye.

One woman at work told me she knew a woman that tried them and they didn't help at all (real encouraging!).

Well if having two tear ducts plugged doesn't do the trick, I can have two more of the tear ducts plugged (in the upper eyelids), which would HAVE to help!

Today I was filing and it is a dusty room and that probably didn't help.

One thing I am going to continue to do is eye exercises, just when I'm lying down to go to sleep.  I've done them for years and I do believe they helped delay my need for reading glasses.  I didn't start wearing reading glasses until my early 40s, and even now I only need 150s - 175s to see to read.

I am optimistic about the ductal plugs, and hope they will help the Dry Eye Syndrome I have.  I plan to get outdoors this weekend, even though its winter and to be rather cold, but need the sunlight and fresh air.


These are the eyes I'm trying to heal.
I'll post again in one more week to update my progress.













No comments:

Post a Comment